Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Self-Portrait Taylor Swanson

A lot of the work I did last semester had to do with coping and dealing with being victimized. I originally wanted to have Polaroid photos all around the image that showed "me" in victimized positions where I have no power. A lot of the work I have been doing deals with the camera flash being straight on as if someone is physically seeing me in these positions and photographing me degrading me, abusing me. The flares that are seen make me think of a camera flash and I am in the middle desperately trying to get out of my current situation or memories of what happened in my past with sexual assault. I am happy with how my person turned out but I wish there would have been more time to get more detail. I chose a triad using different shades of purples, yellow, and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment