Thursday, August 27, 2015

5 Landscape Collages

Tokyo-based art director Sato Masahiro combines materials from vintage encyclopedias and magazines. I like the collage because merges unlike elements to make a bizarre work that somehow fit together perfectly.

"Angular Momentum" - Julien Pacaud
I like the artist's creativity in this collage. The color choice simultaneously feels both futuristic and retro.

"Rise and Shine" - Luke Robson
I like the colorful and vibrant components. I like how well the sky colors blend in together even though it looks a bit unrealistic as well as the color of the mountains. 

Also by Luke Robson
He took some of the parts from an old photograph to make such a fantasy like collage. I like how symmetrical but not stiff this collage looks.

I like how the artist blurs the background so the foreground is more emphasized. It's also interesting that every small pieces don't go together but by putting them together looks like a story behind this collage. 

1 comment:

  1. These collages are cool. The thing that sticks out to me is that most of them seem to combine a landscape with a normal activity that has been blown up on a much larger scale. So something as ordinary as ironing seems almost cosmically in scale. They all also use color in interesting ways. I also like that the last one combines digital media with drawn elements.

    ReplyDelete