Friday, July 2, 2010

Last Project



These images are composed of all the 6 x 6 and 6 x 4.5 negatives I shot last semester in Black and White Studio. They were scanned and then stacked into multiple layers in a single Photoshop file with the opacity of each layer set at anywhere from 5 to 15 percent. A color filled layer was then added to the bottom of the stack. The green image is composed of the negative images reversed into "positive" form while the red/violet image is made up of the negatives without reversal. I added a quote from the T.S. Eliot poem "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" to the green image. I have always found Eliot's poetry to be sort of dreamy and swimmy (for lack of better terms) as well as a creepy. I thought the quote fit the piece. I feel the green image is more successful than the other, as the negative images produce a much less coherent effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment